Study In - Australia

Australia Student Visa

On the off chance that you wish to study in Australia, you would need to apply for and get a Student Visa. The visa rules for the Australian Student visa have changed, and a Simplified Student Visa Framework (SSVF) has been started from July 1, 2016, onwards.

All students have an option of alternatives for considering in Australia, and a huge number of students travel to the nation consistently to exploit the significant level of training advertised. From elementary school right to postgraduate examination, our group can assist you with taking advantage of your investigations in Australia.

The Australian Government provides an opportunity for students to study in Australia, but as a prerequisite, you’ll have to obtain a student visa first.

Students who intend to pursue higher education in Australia need to apply for an Australian Student Visa online or in person at the embassy under the visa subclass 500.

Eligibility Criteria

In order to be eligible to submit an application for an Australian study permit, a prospective student must

  • You must have applied for and have been accepted to study a full-time registered course at one of the educational institutions in Australia.
  • A valid passport
  • If you are under the age of 18 years, you must have organized adequate welfare arrangements for your intended duration of stay in Australia.
  • You might also need to prove your proficiency in the English language with test scores of recognized English Language Proficiency Tests (IELTS, PTE, OET, TOEFL).
  • You will need to be able to prove your financial capacity. You must have enough money to pay for the fee of your course and to cover travel and living costs during your stay.
  • You must also have adequate health insurance covering you while you are in the country.
  • You must be able to provide proof that you meet the Visa health requirements.
  • You will be required to submit an appropriate character and police certificates with your application.
  • Genuine Temporary Entrant (GTE) statement
  • Academic and work experience documents
  • Passport-sized photographs

Applying for a study permit

Most visa applications take four weeks to process. If you study in Australia for a course that is longer than ten months and finishes at the end of an Australian academic year (usually mid-December), your visa will usually be valid until March 15 the following year. If your course is longer than ten months and finishes from January to October, your visa will usually be valid for two months following the completion of your course.

You can apply for an Australian Student Visa maximum of 124 days prior to the commencement of your course. Also, you can travel to Australia a maximum of 90 days prior to the start of your course.

Financial support

You must submit evidence of sufficient funds that must be three months prior to the date of application for the duration of your stay in Australia.

  • Evidence of financial supporter’s occupation and annual income - letter from the supporter’s employer confirming employment, and including full contact details (address and telephone numbers), and supporter’s personal bank statements and tax returns for the last three years.
  • Loan disbursement letter.
  • Chartered Accountant Statements of the financial supporter.
  • In the case of company sponsorship, balance sheet, and bond signed with the company.
  • Evidence of income sourced from agriculture such as evidence of ownership and valuation of land, income statement from the regional authority (Example: Patwari or Mandal office) and receipt of sales, and J forms.
  • Evidence of rental income, such as evidence of ownership of property and lease deeds.
  • Evidence of retirement income such as a letter from the company at the time of retirement stating the amount of pension, and a recent bank statement showing the credit of pension to account.
Further information, help, and advice

Triniti Immigration team of specialists has over 4decades of experience in immigration services, and have helped thousands of people to study and work in Australia. All applications for Australia visas are dealt with in-house by a member of the Law Society of Upper Australia.